SEVERE STORM THREAT TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1, 2017 IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON.
Many southerns ponder whether March will come in like a lion or lamb…I’d say, according to weather forecasts, March will be coming in like a lion!
According to The Weather Channel tonight’s weather will be mostly cloudy, becoming windy with thunderstorms likely after midnight. Chance of rain 80%.
Wednesday, March 1, High 68 degrees and 90% chance of rain, SEVERE STORM THREAT WITH DAMAGING WINDS, HAIL AND POSSIBLE TORNADOS. Severe storm warnings with straight-line winds have the potential to rapidly develop into tornados without warning.
In the event of severe storms at home-
- Discuss storm plans with family, ahead of storm threats, even practice so children know exactly what to do and where to go.
- Designate a safe place that will provide shelter from the storm; best places are basements, storm shelters, bathrooms and closets in the center of the home.
- Have blankets and flashlights in you safe place, ready; don’t waste time gathering items you may or may not need and risk precious time getting to the designated safe place.
- Secure pets with you in your safe place or kennels, barns, etc… prior to storms.
- Do not go out into storms to drive. Risks of hydroplaning, flying debris or falling trees are to great of a risk.
- Do not wait to go to your safe place. If a warning hasn’t been issued but the weather sounds bad orincreasing in intensity, seek shelter; it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
In the event of severe storms at work, follow protocol and remind school children teachers and administration will get them to safety in the event a warning is issued.
“KEEP AN EYE TO THE SKY”, SO TO SPEAK, WEATHER RADIOS ON, CELL PHONES CHARGED and weather alerts set in notifications!
Tune into local news stations for updates or The Weather Channel at www.weather.com.
Stay Safe Y’all!
Cheatham News (c) 2017